- Many people who have used this book have become professions photographers.
- Clarity and convenience have always been a focus of this book.
- Improving visual awareness is a major emphasis of this book.
Archive for April 28, 2012
This is an updated and newly revised edition of the classic book The Art of Photography (originally published in 1994), which has often been described as the most readable, understandable, and complete textbook on photography. With well over 100 beautiful photographic illustrations in both black-and-white and color, as well as numerous charts, graphs, and tables, this book presents the world of photography to beginner, intermediate, and advanced photographers seeking to make a personal statement through the medium of photography. Without talking down to anyone, or talking over anyone's head, Barnbaum presents how to techniques for both traditional and digital approaches. Yet he goes well beyond the technical, as he delves deeply into the philosophical, expressive, and creative aspects of photography so often avoided in other books.
Bruce Barnbaum is recognized as one of the world's finest landscape and architectural photographers, and for decades has been considered one of the best instructors in the field of photography. This latest incarnation of his textbook, which has evolved, grown, and been refined over the past 35 years, will prove to be an ongoing, invaluable photographic reference for years to come. It is truly the resource of choice for the thinking photographer.
The New World Order (NWO) is a conspiracy theory; describing the evolution, or existence of one-world government administered by the powerful elite.
Now Alan Axelrod offers an understandable look at what the NWO really means to people and lets the reader decide which theories are correct- or whether perhaps it's a little bit of every proposed theory. He discusses:
?The Knights of Templar, the Illuminati, the Masons, ancient and modern-day religionists and how they paved the way for a possible Fourth Reich
?The link between the lost island of Atlantis, Hitler, and the first President Bush with the concept of a future one-world government
?The United Nations, Yale University's Skull and Bones society, the Rockefellers, Morgans, Rothschilds, and Kennedys
- Three wooden spoons and three wooden spatula's in mesh bag
- Made of bamboo wood - A renewable resource; Harder than maple
- Natural Color - Not a stain
- Easy to wash, mild soap and water; Dry thoroughly
- Coordinates with other Lipper International bamboo collection accessories
If you can press a button, you can take great pictures. It’s as simple as that. In BetterPhoto Basics, Jim Miotke, founder of the popular online photography school BetterPhoto.com, shares tips and tricks to improve your photos right away, no matter what camera you’re using. Too busy to read a book? No problem—flip to any page for an instant tip to use right away! Learn to compose knockout shots, make the most of indoor and outdoor light, and photograph twenty popular subjects, from sunsets and flowers to a family portrait. Those who want to go further get tips on controlling exposure and the secrets behind ten advanced creative techniques. And everyone will appreciate Jim’s breakdown of easy fixes to make in Photoshop. No matter what your level of experience, you’ll be amazed how easy it is to start taking photos like the pros. ....read more
This book contains valuable information such as how to achieve better compositions by using the Golden Mean rather than the simplistic rule of thirds. In another chapter, the author explains creative techniques for finding beautiful landscape photography locations by using hiking and Geocaching websites. Interspersed within these meaty chapters are dozens of quick tips and tricks used by the pros to capture stunning images.
This book is the fifth book in Jim Harmer's Improve Your Photography book series. View the authors other titles by searching Improve Your Photography in this eBook store. ....read more
- Here is a parcel of the food your little chef needs to keep chilled for delicious food play
- 9 wooden pieces include orange juice, waffles, milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt, frozen vegetables and butter
- Extra learning fun is provided when deciding whether to put a particular item in the freezer or the fridge
- Ideal companion piece for Melissa & Doug Deluxe kitchen
- Exceptional quality and value
In 2005, as a husband, father, and corporate employee — Lorenzo's life revolved around home, work, and his daily commute from the suburbs to the city.
Then, one day, he found himself staying at the Little Church in midtown Manhattan in the wake of a marital separation. Living in virtual isolation for three months, he had a rare chance to re-examine his life.
Quite unexpectedly, he found himself wandering around the city to take photographs, a passion he had let slide in the years of pursuing a career and starting a family. During his nightly sojourns through the streets of New York City, he was reminded of some important life lessons—lessons too easily forgotten in the blur of everyday existence.
For more information: 25Lessons.com
25 Lessons has been the #1 best selling photo essay on amazon.com for 2010 and 2011. Printed paperback and hard cover versions with photos are also available here on amazon and at blurb.com.
PRAISE FOR LORENZO AND 25 LESSONS
“In many of my conversations on great photographers, I frequently mention Lorenzo’s work. His sequential photographs…are nothing less that a visual urban poem. It has been my pleasure to watch Lorenzo’s rapid growth as a leading photographer of our time.”
Jim Van Meter, Rochester, NY, USA
“Lorenzo is a master. His body of work is some of the very best online and may very well be some of the best being done in the medium today. His street work follows in the tradition of Paul Strand, Cartier-Bresson, Garry Winogrand and Larry Friedlander. Lorenzo’s 25 Lessons are…as seminal as Ansel’s dissertation on the zone system. I found them to be reenergizing, perceptive and extremely useful. I have been touched by his story, his writings and by his work. I can’t imagine anyone not being so.”
Barry Shapiro, Los Angeles, CA, USA
“Lorenzo…has a passion for life, photography and writing. He is a linguistic genius, a storyteller through words and pictures. He captures with his camera the world as he sees it, its feelings, love, beauty and all it has to offer...” Brenda George, Adelaide, Australia
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER, AUTHOR & JOURNALIST
Lorenzo is a best-selling author, a writer and an award-winning street photographer.
He has written numerous books, interviews and articles about fine art and photography for En Foco, Nueva Luz, Rain Tiger and the Examiner.
Throughout most of 2010, his book, 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about photography Life! has been the #1 Best Selling Photo Essay and Artist & Photography Biography on Amazon.com. Paul Giguere, guru for the popular podcast thoughts on photography, considers 25 Lessons one of the classic essays on photography.
In October of 2010, he served as the NYC photography adviser for the recently launched Microsoft foursquare photography app. In 2008, he was chosen to be the HP Be Brilliant Featured Artist.
Since taking up digital photography in 2005, his photography has been featured in fotoMAGAZIN, Germany's premier photo magazine, and his photos have been cited, posted and published by over 350 other blogs, websites, and print publications.
Today, Lorenzo has over 32,000 photographs published on flickr.com—one of the world's most popular photography websites—where his photos have been seen over 6 million times and where he ranks as one of the site's most popular photographers (aka lorenzodom).
He has been called an Internet photography sensation by Time Out New York and is considered a Flickr star by Rob Walker, Consumed columnist, for New York Times Magazine.
His work is represented worldwide by Getty Images.
A Casual Style Performer
The TC-L32C5 (32-inch class) is a 720p, LCD HDTV (cold cathode backlighting) with two HDMI terminals, one USB port, a PC input, and game mode. It is Energy Star certified and has a long-life panel.
2012 Panasonic VIERA LCD-LED HDTV Comparison Chart
| U5 ||C5|
|47, 55|| |
42, 47, 55
42, 47, 55
32, 37, 42
|HD Resolution|| |
1080p Full HD 3D
1080p Full HD 3D
1080p Full HD 3D
|HDMI/USB Port || |
|PC Input || |
1 SD Slot/1 PC
|1 SD Slot/1 PC|| |
1 SD Slot/1 PC
1 SD Slot/1 PC
1 SD Slot/1 PC
1 SD Slot/1 PC
|IPS LED-LCD Panel || |
Clear Panel Pro
Clear Panel Pro
|178 Degree Viewing Angle || || || || || || |
|VIERA Link || || || || || || || |
|HDMI 1.4 w/ Audio Return Channel || || || || || || |
|Media Player (SD, USB, DLNA) || || || || || || |
|DLNA Capability (via LAN) || || || || || || |
|Wi-Fi Capability|| |
|Smartphone Remote Function* || || || || || || || |
|VIERA Connect || || || || || || || |
|Social Networking TV || || || || || || || |
|E-Help|| || || || || || || |
|Skype Communication* || || || || || || || |
|3D Real Sound || || || || || || || |
|2D-3D Conversion || |
w/ Face Detection
| || || || || |
|Web Contents Smoother || || || || || || |
|1920 Backlight Scanning || || || || |
|24p Cinematic Playback || || || || || || || |
|ISFccc || || || |
|Pro Settings || || || || || || || |
|VIERA Touch Pad Controller || || || || |
|Local Dimming || || || || |
|Multitask Function || || || || || || || |
|360 Backlight Scanning || || || || |
|USB Player || || || || || || || || |
- 720p LCD
- USB Player
- 2 HDMI 1 USB 1 PC Input
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal, Best Toy Award (1998)
- 10-piece plastic cookware set
- Includes tea kettle, frying pan with lid, two-handled pot with lid and five utensils
- Utensils with big and easy-to-grip handles
- Frying pan measures 4.5
- Recommended age range from 3 to 6 years
Are there clear historical markers that identify this dreadful paradigm shift?
Why have so many evangelicals identified themselves as new evangelicals?
Who was the existentialist person absorbed in mysticism that humanistically masterminded the Purpose Driven Church and PEACE Plan?
What is the relationship between Fuller Seminary, the Purpose Driven Church, and the Emergent Church Movement?
How is the Emergent Church push for globalization harmonizing with the new world order in these prophetic last days?
Can the Calvary Chapel Movement, independent churches and denominations learn any lessons from others errors and mistakes?
Addressing these questions with riveting case studies coupled with staggering and sobering documentation, the author unfolds the shocking progression of ideas that were birthed in a nest of aberrant church beliefs.
The major sections, each consisting of around half a dozen articles are, Introductory pieces, equipment, technique, aesthetics, photo essays and a wrap up.
The articles are anything from 600 to 2,000 words in length and many seek to challenge conventional photography wisdom. Discussions range from advice on camera purchase to whether the whole idea of beauty needs a makeover to cheap ways to get into product photography. This book goes from the extremely practical equipment and technique based writing through to the much quirkier, e.g. how to photograph a flaming Christmas pudding or a description of getting landscape shots in sub zero temperatures with a 20 mph wind.
The book is fully illustrated with over 100 photographs, all taken by the author, Steve Johnson, chosen to make the viewer think about their own relationship to the visual and to photography. ....read more
- Slim-lined, space-efficient utensil holder with 14 of OXO's most important everyday kitchen tools
- Includes flexible turner, 12-inch tongs, square turner, spoon, slotted spoon, grater
- Also includes swivel peeler, ice cream scoop, potato masher, can opener, balloon whisk, spatula, meat tenderizer, pizza wheel, and holder
- Nylon and silicone tools are safe for non-stick surfaces; heat resistant up to 400 degrees F
- Large capacity utensil holder includes a removable drip tray; dishwasher safe
- Kids love hearing the realistic crunch as they slice their way through these brightly-colored, solid-wood food sets
- Smooth-sanded pieces and superior craftsmanship make these value-packed sets ones kids will enjoy again and again!
- Includes 16 colorful, wooden pieces
- 575 watt motor, 10 speed control
- 6-quart polished stainless steel wide-mouth bowl with contoured steel handle
- 67 point planetary mixing action
- Packaged and shipped in recyclable, easy-to-open packaging
- Includes: 6 quart stainless steel bowl with comfort handle, burnished powerknead spiral dough hook, flat beater and wire whip.
- QWERTY Remote Control
- Samsung Smart TV
- 3D LED-LCD HDTV (LED Backlight)
- Two pairs of 3D glasses included in box
- Full HD 1080p resolution
- Set of 6 dry measuring cups made in the shapes of traditional Russian matroyshkas
- They even nest like Russian dolls for easy storage, and they're easy to find in any drawer or cupboard
- 6-cup set includes 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 2/3 cup, 3/4 cup, and 1-cup sizes
- Made with heavy-duty construction, the cups are built to use and to last
- They are food safe and come in a full-color gift box; makes a great gift for newlyweds and new homeowners
- Brand new high quality gold plated cable. Cable length: 4.5 meters (15 feet). Connectors: HDMI Male to HDMI Male
- Features gold-plated connectors, molded strain-relief, and mylar-foil shielding. Cable constructed using the high quality material for best contact.
- Fully HDCP compliant to provide highest level of signal quality. Compatible with: multiple audio formats from stereo to multi-channel sound.
- Transfer Digital Audio & Video signals at warp speed of 5 Gigabytes per second! A superb cable with excellent audio-visual transfer properties.
- Physical Characteristics-Width-31.0 inches
- Haier 32 inches 720p LCD HDTV
- Haier L32D1120 32 inches 720p LCD TV - 16:9 - HDTV
1) FREE VIDEO TRAINING. Over an hour of hands-on video tutorials integrated into the book's content. If your e-reader can play video (such as the Kindle app on an iPhone/iPad/Android/Mac/Windows PC or the Kindle Fire), clicking the links when you have an Internet connection will load the video directly within your e-reader.
2) 375+ HIGH RESOLUTION, ORIGINAL PICTURES. Detailed example pictures taken by the author in nine countries demonstrate both good and bad technique. DON’T TRUST PHOTOGRAPHY BOOKS THAT USE STOCK PICTURES; the author didn’t take them! Many pictures include links to the full-size image so you can zoom in to see every pixel.
3) HANDS-ON PRACTICES. Complete the practices at the end of every chapter to get the real world experience you need.
4) NEVER OUTDATED. This book is regularly updated with new content (including additional videos) that existing owners receive for free. As new photography trends emerge and new camera equipment and lenses are released, you'll see them described in the book immediately.
In this book, Tony Northrup (award-winning author of more than 30 how-to books and a professional portrait, wildlife, and landscape photographer) teaches the art and science of creating stunning pictures. First, beginner photographers will master:
* Shutter speed
* Depth-of-field (blurring the background)
* Natural light
* Troubleshooting blurry, dark, and bad pictures
* Pet photography
* Wildlife photography (mammals, birds, insects, fish, and more)
* Sunrises and sunsets
* Forests, waterfalls, and rivers
* Night photography
* Raw files
* Macro/close-up photography
Advanced photographers can skip forward to learn the pro's secrets for:
* Posing men and women. including corrective posing (checklists provided)
* Portraits (candid, casual, formal, and underwater)
* Remotely triggering flashes
* Using bounce flash and flash modifiers
* Using studio lighting on any budget
* Building a temporary or permanent studio at home
* Shooting your first wedding
* High speed photography
* Location scouting/finding the best spots and times
* Planning shoots around the sun and moon
* Star trails (via long exposure and image stacking)
* Light painting
* Eliminating noise
* Focus stacking for infinite depth-of-field
* Underwater photography
* Getting close to wildlife
* Using electronic shutter triggers
* Photographing moving cars
* Photographing architecture and real estate
MAJOR UPDATE HISTORY:
12/11/2011: Initial release
1/10/2011: Expanded section on baby portraits (including video)
1/18/2012: Added integrated videos covering aperture and depth-of-field, light painting, HDR, and macro
2/8/2012: Updated buying guide with updated information about latest camera models.
2/16/2012: Added videos covering low-light hand-holding techniques, a visual overview of different shutter speeds, and an introductory video about why this book is different. Minor errata fixed.
3/7/2012: Clarified difference between focal length and focusing distance based on reader question. Improved formatting of tables in appendices. Minor corrections based on reader feedback.
3/10/2012: Based on reader feedback: Added links to many full-sized images (for pixel peepers like myself) and reduced unnecessary links.
3/15/2012: Added video to Chapter 2, Controlling the Background.
3/30/2012: Added two videos to Chapter 6: Outdoor Portraits and Using Off-Camera Flash. Updated and expanded example pictures throughout book.
4/19/2012: Added two videos to Chapters 4 and 9: Autofocus Techniques and How to Photography Flying Birds. Expanded index based on reader request. ....read more
- ISBN13: 9781456572013
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Tracking provided on most orders. Buy with Confidence! Millions of books sold!
- Set of 4 red EZ Grip handle airtight ceramic canisters with stainless steel spoons
- Chrome locking clamps with silicone gaskets ensures an airtight seal
- Containers are 5-1/4, 6, 7, and 8-Inch in height
- Dishwasher safe, top rack only
- Hinged lid
- 300+ channels with movies, TV shows, music, sports & more
- High-definition streaming up to 720p HD
- Works with virtually any TV
- Built-in wireless (Wi-Fi b/g/n)
- Smaller and more energy-efficient than any other streaming device
- 32-piece set consists of 3-1/4-quart covered Dutch oven, 1-3/4-quart covered sauce pan, 1-1/4-quart covered sauce pan, and 8-5/8-inch saute pan
- 7-piece cutlery set; 6 kitchen tools; and 12-piece flatware set
- Constructed of 0.7 mm carbon steel with nonstick interiors for effortless food release. Stay-cool handles promote safe transport
- Tempered glass lids with stay-cool knobs help keep in heat, moisture, and nutrients. Hanging holes for storage
- Dishwasher-safe (all parts except for the wooden block); 30-day limited warranty
- Universal Design Fits Most 32-55 & 32 - 65 inch TVs
- Flush 1.9 Profile
- Tilt Range: 15 Degree Downward
- Supports up to 165LBS
- 6 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level Included